About This Job
As a growing company, Enviro-Safe Resource Recovery is a leader in environmental sustainability programs and waste management solutions. The right individual would possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, good chemistry knowledge, be a team player, self-motivated, have good organizational skills, and the ability to adapt to new challenges. As a women owned family business, this entry / mid-level position offers multiple job responsibilities to become a well-rounded employee whose skill set can lead to other opportunities within the organization.
Essential Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. Associate degree in supply chain, logistics or operational related discipline preferred.
- 1 or more years’ experience working in the transportation, waste, chemical or related industry (preferred) with experience in truck routing, scheduling and mapping.
- Ability to understand safe driving principles, behaviors and FMSCA/DOT regulations.
- Strong decision-making ability
- Able to strive in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, problem solve and build intercompany relationships.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as, an individual.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Directs the transportation safety management process and provides overall support and guidance to the local and over the road drivers.
- Coordinators with the Operation Manager in crafting short and long-term strategies in building a culture of safety within the organization
- Introduces and oversees systems and activities to maintain oversight of regulatory compliance status, provides training and professional development for CMV operators, coordinates and manages the crash management process, conducts audits and inspection of the transportation safety management process and monitors performance.
- Review hours of service records for accuracy.
- Assist to assure DOT drug/alcohol program in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Problem-solve issues with drivers.
- Schedule mechanical appointments to assure PM compliance.
- Support with incident reporting and investigation related to accidents, near-misses, property damage and DOT reportable events.
- Oversee drier’s HOS/ELD on a daily basis.
- File IFTA, DOT, MC and state required registration.
- All other duties assigned.