Last week, Enviro-Safe Resource Recovery celebrated 17 years of service in resource recovery and sustainable waste management programs. In 2002, we began offering cost-effective, environmentally sound waste minimization and recycling programs to our first client, a multi-national manufacturer who needed a help in waste minimization and compliance for its high-speed packaging, labeling and filling equipment operations. Seventeen years later, our first client remains a valued customer at Enviro-Safe, and we have grown to become the preferred full-service provider for over 300 additional customers. Our longstanding relationships with our clients and our steady growth as industry leaders reflects our commitment to our customers, environment, employees and community.
Expanded Resource Recovery Services: Response to Client Needs
President Jeffrey Vilione founded Enviro-Safe on April 11, 2002 to help companies meet their corporate sustainability initiatives and zero landfill goals. He and his wife Dawn, began operations in a one-room office providing waste generators with recycling options for removing their by-products and reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills.
“Enviro-Safe is predicated on sustainability,” Vilione said. “I founded the company because I recognized recycling as a win-win scenario for waste generators and the environment. I knew there was a better, more sustainable way to handle materials; it was just the right thing to do.” Enviro-Safe’s original services included waste minimization, a variety of recycling options, environmental and safety consulting, training programs, and federal and state regulatory reporting. Over the years, we expanded our services in response to client needs. In August 2012, we built a state-of-the-art recycling center in Germantown, Wisconsin. The facility created a long term commitment in environmental management and provided new opportunities for us to provide the highest quality recycling service available while optimizing economies of scale. We gained full control over our services provided to our customers, including having the capability of bulking and consolidate like materials and control our transportation by utilizing Enviro-Safe owned trucks for customer pickups and deliveries services. Today, we work with clients across a variety of sectors and industries, including agriculture, food and beverage, consumer commodities, engineering, electronics, pharmaceuticals, schools, municipalities and many more.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Enviro-Safe is a recognized leader in resource recovery and landfill diversion. We have been named nine times Nationally on Inc’s. 5000 list of fastest growing privately held companies, earned spots on Milwaukee Business Journal's "Fasted Growing Firms" list, and Nationally recognized on the Zweig Letter’s “Hot Firm” list. We have also received awards and nominations from the U.S. Commerce Association (USCA), the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce (MMAC) and the Wisconsin Environmental Working Group® (WEWG). Enviro-Safe is highly regarded across Wisconsin and the Midwest for offering more options and sustainable solutions to our customers.
“We are always striving to be the best,” Vilione said. “We are proud of our success and growth year after year and we are proud of our dedicated and professional employees who believe in our mission! Our customer retention rate is extremely high and sets the standard in our industry.” Today, Enviro-Safe remains a family-owned business that continues to run on our original core values: respect, passion, integrity, sustainability and trust.
- April 11, 2002: Jeff Vilione founded Enviro-Safe Resource Recovery with his wife Dawn. Services included waste minimization, hazardous and non-hazardous waste recycling, universal waste recycling, electronic waste recycling, environmental and safety consulting services, EPA, WDNR, DOT & OSHA training programs, Federal & State regulatory reporting and transportation.
- 2003: Hires additional employees and moves headquarters to Brookfield, Wisconsin.
- 2005: Recognized as "Future 50" winner by the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce. Goes on to receive the recognition again in 2006.
- 2007: Nominated for the prestigious Business Friend of the Environment Award, honoring leadership in pollution prevention, environmental innovation, and stewardship, by the Wisconsin Environmental Working Group® (WEWG), an affiliate of Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce.
- 2008: Selected for the 2008 Best of Brookfield Award in the Environmental & Ecological Services category. Goes on to receive the recognition again in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. Also named in the 2008 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America and goes on to receive the award for nine consecutive years. This achievement puts Enviro-Safe Consulting, LLC. among an elite group that has included Microsoft, GoPro, Clif Bar, Cold Stone Creamery, Go Daddy, Intuit, Jamba Juice, Oracle, and UnderArmour.
- 2011: Enviro-Safe begins the designs and builds plans for a customized full-service waste management recycling center in Germantown, Wisconsin.
- August 2012: Enviro-Safe’s new state-of-the-art recycling center opens its doors and becomes the company’s corporate headquarters. Purchases two straight trucks and two tanker trucks.
- Today: Ninety-eight percent of materials Enviro-Safe touches goes through one form of recycling or another. Enviro-Safe remains committed to its original mission to limit liabilities and preserve the environment through sustainability initiatives.